The Skills Strategy & Action Plan sets out how the Scottish Textiles Skills Partnership will support the industry to address its skill needs.
The 5 key challenges identified in the plan are:
• Raising the attractiveness of the sector to new entrants and retaining and transferring the skills of an ageing workforce
• Developing World Class Leadership and Management skills in the sector
• Ensuring that the supply of skills through education matches industry demand
• To adopt a more strategic approach to workforce development to make more effective use of skills
• Enhancing the level of business skills for growth
The STSP will create and support a wide range of activities which are key to developing a “skills pipeline” for the industry. The key points in this “skills pipeline” are highlighted in the diagram below.
Fact Sheet- summarising the key points of the Skills Strategy and Action Plan relevant to industry
See a summary of the Skills Strategy Actions Plan 2014-2017.
If you would like a copy of the full strategy document please contact Fiona Kennedy, Head of Skills Strategy (Textiles) at email@example.com to request a copy.
Scottish Textiles Skills Partnership (STSP)
The Scottish Textiles Skills Partnership brings together partners from education, industry and the public sector to address skills needs in the textiles, leather & fashion sectors.
An STSP website with information on support available to raise skill levels for large, medium and smaller-sized businesses, designers, schools and colleges, will be launched in January 2015.
Please join the STSP mailing list here for news on training opportunities and skills development initiatives.